I was out of town at my friend’s memorial at the end of April and didn’t realize that I completely forgot to do an April recap until I was halfway through May…and then it was time to get ready for my cruise so…I’m gonna just do two monster months together.
Honestly, I would probably just skip April, but I read more books in April than I have read in some YEARS, so of all the months to skip, this doesn’t seem like the one. I blame Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine for the entirety of April, because once I found this map…
I just couldn’t stop.
I still have a few of theirs left, but really…not many. It was a crazy month, y’all.
So, I’m going to recap each month individually, and then at the end just one “this is where my library hold pile is” cause…well, cause, honestly, that seems like the least amount of work.
I will say that this is really more of a Kindle Unlimited recap than a library recap proper—I didn’t realize how many KU books I read in the last two months till I started counting, and WOW. I have been neglecting my libraries!
So…here’s April. Note that I was seriously cramming the books in there toward the end. That’s 44 books, y’all. 44.
And here is a MUCH more reasonable May—
Library Books I Read in April
Library Books I Read in May
Kindle Unlimited Books I Read in April
Kindle Unlimited Books I Read in May
NetGalley Early Releases—April
NetGalley Early Releases—May
Stuff I Actually Own—May (I did not read an owned book in April)
It’s worth noting that these were also originally KU reads, but I loved them so much that I bought them and them promptly read them through two more times…so I am counting them as owned reads. You know, now. 😆
The Sorority Murder, Allison Brennan
Checked Out, Reading Soon
- This Time Tomorrow, Emma Sttaub
- A Marvellous Light, Freya Marske
- Anna and the French Kiss, Stephanie Perkins
- The Cartographers, Peng Shepherd
- Wild Wicked Things, Francesca May
- The Book of Cold Cases, Simone St. James
- The Unsinkable Greta James, Jennifer E. Smith
- Tessa Ever After, Brighton Walsh
- None that I can recall
Favorite Library Book—April
The Paradox Hotel, Rob Hart
Favorite Library Book—May
Book Lovers, Emily Henry
Favorite Book Overall—April
Priest, Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine
Favorite Book Overall—May
Book Lovers, Emily Henry
Currently On Hold
- Just Haven’t Met You Yet, Sophie Cousins (Oct ‘21)
- The Storyteller, Dave Grohl (Nov ‘21)
- The Mother Next Door, Tara Laskowski (Nov ‘21)
- The Judge’s List, John Grisham (Nov ‘21)
- The Last Girl Ghosted, Lisa Unger (Nov ‘21)
- The Troubled Girls of Dragomir Academy, Anne Ursu (Dec ‘21)
- Last Night at the Telegraph Club, Malinda Lo (Jan ‘22)
- The Ivory Key, Akshaya Raman (Jan ‘22)
- A Flicker in the Dark, Stacy Willingham (Jan ‘22)
- The Department of Rare Books and Special Collections, Eva Jurczyk (Feb ‘22)
- Greenwich Park, Katherine Faulkner (Feb ‘22)
- Last House on the Street, Diane Chamberlain (Feb ‘22)
- Arsenic and Adobo, Mia P. Mandala (Feb ‘22)
- Portrait of a Thief, Grace D. Li (Apr ‘22)
- The Christmas Wedding Guest, Susan Mallory (Christmas Hold )
- The Christmas Bookshop, Jenny Colgan (Christmas Hold)
- One Christmas Wish, Brenda Jackson (Christmas Hold)
- Nick and Noel’s Christmas Playlist, Codi Hall (Christmas Hold)
As to where I am with my reading challenge, I have finished 131 books toward my goal of 175 books, which means that I am 58 books ahead of schedule. I suppose I should change that to 200. But wow would I feel stupid if I did that and then missed it. 🙂
So, that’s the current state of my virtual library pile. What do you have out from the library now?
The Library Checkout blog meme was created by Shannon of River City Reading and previously hosted by Charleen of It’s a Portable Magic. It has been hosted by Bookish Beck since 2017.
2 thoughts on “Love Your Library: April/May 2022”
Wow, 44 books in April!! Well done. You sure read a lot of great books. I also enjoyed Book Lovers.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Right now just got 3 books out from the library.
The Huntress: A Novel by Kate Quinn
The Complete Guide to Absolutely Everything (Abridged): Adventures in Math and Science
Boundless by Jack Campbell