15 books this month, 6 from KU, 7 from the library and two that I actually own—which is nuts!
January was a wildly uneven month. There were 7 books that I loved, but there were also five real disappointments.
Library Books I Read in December
Kindle Unlimited Books I Read in December.
Books I Actually Bought
I know that this is a library post, so talking about stuff I bought is…well, it’s certainly off-brand…but I buy SO FEW books that it might merit a mention. I typically pick up my free Kindle First books every month, and beyond that, I typically don’t buy more than a book every couple months. This month, I read No More Secrets from when I bought the entire series in December (8 books/8 bucks on sale). And then, on a day when I was apparently susceptible to Facebook Marketing, I picked up The Best Men for $5. I freaking love Sarina Bowen, and it was totally worth it. Just a delightful little confection.
It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey and The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green.
Checked Out, Reading Soon
- The Hate Project
- Weather Girl
- The Singles Table
- The Once and Future Witches
- None this month. Go me!
- None this month, although for the life of me I don’t know why I didn’t DNF How Sweet It Is.
Favorite Library Book This Month
The Seven Husbands of Eleanor Hugo, although Eight Perfect Hours was a close second and the KU book Things We Never Got Over was also stellar.
Currently On Hold
- Last Summer at the Golden Hotel, Elyssa Friedland
- Harlem Shuffle, Colson Whitehead
- Just Haven’t Met You Yet, Sophie Cousins
- A Time for Mercy, John Grisham
- The Bounty, Janet Evanovich and Steve Hamilton
- Apples Never Fall, Liane Moriarty
- Unbound, Tarana Burke
- Our Country Friends, Gary Shteyngart
- On Writing, Stephen King
- A Marvellous Light, Freya Marske
- The Christmas Wedding Guest, Susan Mallory
- The Christmas Bookshop, Jenny Colgan
- One Christmas Wish, Brenda Jackson
- The Storyteller, Dave Grohl
- The Last Girl Ghosted, Lisa Unger
- The Mother Next Door, Tara Laskowski
- Anna and the French Kiss, Stephanie Perkins
- The Judge’s List, John Grisham
- The Troubled Girls of Dragomir Academy, Anne Ursu
- Nick and Noel’s Christmas Playlist, Codi Hall
- Last Night at the Telegraph Club, Malinda Lo
- The Ivory Key, Akshaya Raman
- The Sorority Murder, Allison Brennan
- A Flicker in the Dark, Stacy Willingham
- Lucky Leap Day, Ann Marie Walker
- The Paradox Hotel, Rob Hart
- The Maid, Nita Prose
- Here’s To Us, Becky Albertalli
- Dark Horse, Gregg Hurwitz
As to where I am with my reading challenge, I am right on track, maybe half a book ahead. I usually start the year pretty slowly and pick up steam in the summer, so I was thrilled with this start this year.
So, that’s the current state of my virtual library pile. What do you have out from the library now?